Phillips & Cohen Associates (UK) Ltd, the UK arm of the globe’s leading specialist deceased account management business, has today been awarded the highly prestigious Investors in People Gold Award for the second time.
Investors in People is a proven framework for transforming business performance through people and by achieving the Gold Award places the business firmly in the exclusive top 7% of businesses assessed within the UK, meaning they are now eligible to use and display the sought after Investors in People Gold logo and enjoy its benefits.
The business, which has traded in the UK for approaching 9 years and employs over 80 staff from its Manchester HQ, was also awarded the ISO 27001 accreditation this month together with the Investors in People Health & Well Being Award.
The business is best known for innovating the UK probate recovery market based on its successful global model and previously won a number of industry awards by becoming the founding member of Samaritans Training Academy and for developing a uniquely compassionate customer engagement model.
Commenting on the award, Managing Director, Nick Cherry said, “Our service is unique and therefore our people determine the success of our business. Achieving the Investors in People Gold Award for a second time is fantastic recognition of the investment we make in assisting colleagues to fulfil their potential and enjoy a rewarding career here.”
Cherry added, “We are especially delighted that the assessors recognised that our business is built on compassion and compliance, and a set of strongly re-enforced best in class values which underpin a belief in treating customers, and each other, with dignity and respect. This commitment to Treating Customers Fairly is key and recruiting and retaining people who share this passionate vision is one of the things which makes our business unique and drives our continued growth and success.”
Joint CEO/Chairman, Adam S. Cohen Esq. commented, “The Investors in People Gold Award is tremendous validation of our UK operation. The team espouses our management vision and understand that their daily contributions make the difference in enabling us to continue to deliver market leading results for our clients and an outstanding experience for our customers. We look forward to seeing the UK business continue to evolve and grow in the coming years based on this successful approach.”
Chris Jones, Head of Operations at idg the Investors in People Centre for the North of England said, ”This is a fantastic achievement for Phillips & Cohen Associates (UK) Ltd and I would like to congratulate the team on achieving the Investors in People Gold Award for a second time. As the Investors in People Centre for the North of England, idg is committed to working with organisations to raise standards and improve performance through people. By offering a flexible, practical framework, Investors in People is designed to help organisations and their people enhance performance and meet goals. By achieving Gold accreditation, Phillips & Cohen Associates (UK) Ltd is certainly working to do this and this is borne out in their business performance and continued growth.”
About Phillips & Cohen Associates (UK), Ltd.
Phillips & Cohen Associates (UK), Ltd. built its reputation in the debt recovery industry by providing specialised deceased account management services to clients, enabling them to realise additional recoveries and deliver tangible “Treating Customers Fairly” process enhancements. We are an award-winning industry leader providing expert niche services recognised for our unique and compassionate style of customer interaction. Phillips & Cohen Associates (UK), Ltd. currently works with over 75 of the UK’s largest creditors across a wide range of industry sectors, including banking and finance, home shopping, utility and debt purchase.
About Investors in People
- Investors in People offers a practical, flexible and easy to use tool for improving business performance and competitiveness through good practice in people management.
- An organisation that has achieved Investors in People has been successful in adopting and maintaining its three fundamental principles: Plan – developing strategies to improve the performance of the organisation, from business goals to leadership strategies; Do – implementing those strategies, taking action to improve the performance of the organisation; Review – evaluating and adjusting those strategies, measuring their impact on the performance of the organisation.
- The Investors in People framework and brand is the strategic responsibility of the UK Commission for Employment and Skills.
- The Investors in People framework is delivered by a partner network:
- 1. In England, the network of Investors in People Centres.
- 2. In Scotland, Scottish Enterprise (SE) or Highlands and Islands Enterprise (HIE).
- 3. In Wales, the Business Skills Delivery Team at the Department for Education, Lifelong Learning and Skills, Welsh Assembly Government.
- 4. In Northern Ireland, the Department for Employment of Learning.
- Investors in People North of England is delivered by idg, official partner for the North East, North West and Yorkshire & Humber. As a licensed Centre, idg offers advisory and assessment services relating to the framework. idg is a trading name of Improvement Development Growth Limited. For more information on Investors in People please visit www.investorsinpeople.co.uk or visit idg, official Investors in People partner for the North of England www.i-dg.co.uk